Conditions of Use
Thank you for checking that page. If you have any questions after reading the whole document, feel free to contact me by email. Please keep in mind that questions asked by any other media will probably not receive any answer.
These conditions were made to give the maximum freedom to everyone, while keeping the use of my work as fair as possible.
Table of Contents
If you listen to my creations for your personal entertainment, to boost your creativity, to relax, or to play any game with your friends, you do not need any license or permission. It’s the objectives of my my YouTube channel/Bandcamp page. I know it sounds obvious but I received many questions about that. Just have fun! However, if you share my name around, it’d be much appreciated.
Naturally, purchasing my sounds doesn’t allow you to distribute the sound files, even to your friends. This is illegal. I humbly ask you to avoid doing that, as I count on the sales to purchase new sound libraries or simply paying the rent.
About projects in general
- You cannot use my work for any discriminatory, pornographic or political content.
- You can never use my sounds to create new sound effects, music or new ambiences out of it. This conditions exists to protect you, because the SFX (sound effects) I use to create my ambiences are licensed, I paid to use them, but I do not own them. If you make such hybrid sounds, you take the risk to be prosecuted by the companies that provide the SFX.
- Purchasing my work on Bandcamp, Itunes or on any other website does not give you any license rights. These are not licenses, it’s audio files in higher quality.
- You are not allowed to distribute any sound file without written permission, doing so would be considered as a crime. If you need to distribute a file, send me an email. Distributing means giving other people a possibility to download the sound file.
YouTubers / Streamers / Podcasters
- You have less than 20’000 subscribers on YouTube / 500 followers on Twitch or on your podcast, you can use my work for free, just credit me with links to YouTube and Patreon. Some small support on Patreon is appreciated but not mandatory at all.
- If one of your numbers is greater, please contact me, I’m curious about your project. I’ll probably ask you for a shout out.
- If you start using my work as a small channel and grow bigger than the aformentioned numbers (that’s all I wish you!), then please : shout out.
You cannot reupload my ambiences or music as ambiences/music/relaxation or any video of the same kind. In other words, my channel has the monopoly of uploading my own work as ambiences or music videos.
Non commercial projects
- Examples : Educational work, local charities or holidays video for your family : I’m asking for credits, with my full name and a link to my YouTube channel and Patreon, if the media used allows it.
- Video games are a special case, please send me an email as it was a commercial project, don’t forget to state clearly that you don’t plan to earn money out of it. I treat them case-by-case.
- Project description (Objectives, product description, country, etc.)
- A list of sounds you need
- How you plan to use or to distribute them
- An estimation of how many people you will reach with the project (if known, or an estimation)
- Also tell me if you have experience in licensing so I know what information I have to provide
Professional Dungeon Masters
If you realize you made a mistake, by example by using my sounds for a commercial project without any license, contact me and we will discuss. I’m accommodating. On another hand, if you find out someone used my creations without my permission or without giving credits, please contact me. I will reward you.
Conditions updated on 01/01/20