Conditions of Use
Thank you for checking that page. If you have any questions after reading the whole document, no worries, contact me by email (only).
These conditions were made to give the maximum freedom to everyone, while keeping the use of my work as fair as possible and protecting myself against the many internet goblins that steal our intellectual property.
Table of Contents
If you listen to my creations for your personal entertainment, to boost your creativity, to relax, or to play any game with your friends, you do not need any license or permission. It’s the objectives of my work. I know it sounds obvious but I received many questions about that. Just have fun! However, if you could share my name around, it’d be much appreciated.
Naturally, purchasing my sounds doesn’t allow you to distribute the sound files, even to your friends. This is illegal. I humbly ask you to avoid doing that, as I count on the sales to purchase new sound libraries or simply paying the rent.
About projects in general
- You cannot use my work for any discriminatory, pornographic or political content. You cannot use my work if you make ambiences or music, and you cannot reupload my ambiences.*
- For videos(NOT AMBIENCES OR MUSIC), podcasts, streams, audiobooks, projects, you may layer several of my ambiences, or layer them with music. However, you may need a license depending on the project, so keep reading.
- Purchasing my work on Bandcamp, Itunes or on any other website does not give you any licensing rights. These are not licenses, it’s audio files in higher quality. If you want a license, you should look here.
- You are not allowed to distribute any sound file without written permission, doing so is considered a crime. If you need to distribute a file, such as for a Kickstarter by example, send me an email. Distributing means giving other people a possibility to download the sound file.
- In case you are allowed to use my work, you can make simple changes such as the volume, fade-in, fade-out and cropping. You are not allowed to rework my tracks. In case of doubt, contact me.
*Parasitic YouTube channels deleted so far : 8
You cannot put my ambiences in the background of your music or ambiences. I can’t repeat it enough : you can never use my sounds to create new sound effects, music or ambiences out of it as if they were building blocks. Every week I have to fill copyright complaints on YouTube and it’s really exhausting. This condition exists to protect you, because the SFX (sound effects) I use to create my ambiences are licensed, I paid to use them, but I do not own them. If you make such hybrid sounds, you take the risk to be prosecuted by the companies that provide the SFX.
YouTubers / Streamers / Podcasters
- You can use my work for free, just credit me with links to YouTube and Patreon.
- HOWEVER, audio companies usually ask for 120$ to 1’000$ a YEAR for the right to use such gigantic and qualitative audio libraries. I don’t. Instead, I’m asking you to consider supporting me on Patreon or making a donation. It’s not mandatory, but composing ambiences is not free, it cost me 15’000$ in investments in 2020, as I only use the best sounds. I’m the only one doing that for the TTRPG scene and in general on YouTube. You enjoy using the best sounds available, I enjoy having something to eat everyday. 🙂
- A “shout out” is a great bonus. I mean like writing a post about my work to your fans, recommending my pages (YT, Spotify, Bandcamp, Patreon…), or explaining how much it impacted the quality of your projects. Basically promoting my work to a bigger extent than simply crediting me. Just remember that you have a decisive impact on my activity and you can really influence my future.
- I’m on Pretzel Rocks! I just thought you’d love to know.
You cannot reupload my ambiences or music as ambiences/music/relaxation or any video of the same kind. In other words, my channel has the monopoly of uploading my own work as ambiences or music videos. Bear in mind that my community is watching / listening closely. Several channels have claimed my work as their own… and have been taken down.
Non commercial projects
- Examples : Educational work, local charities or holidays video for your family : I’m asking for credits, with my full name and a link to my YouTube channel and Patreon, if the media used allows it.
- Video games are a special case, please send me an email as it was a commercial project, don’t forget to state clearly that you don’t plan to earn money out of it. I treat them case-by-case.
In that email, provide these informations about the project:
- Project description (Objectives, product description, country, etc.)
- A list of sounds you need
- How you plan to use or to distribute them
- An estimation of how many people you will reach with the project (if known, or an estimation)
- Also tell me if you have experience in licensing so I know what information I have to provide
Professional Dungeon Masters
If you realize you made a mistake, by example by using my sounds for a commercial project without any license, contact me and we will discuss. I’m accommodating. However, if you are an ambiences channel that stole my work, delete your videos immediately and pray that I never find you.
On another hand, if you find out someone used my creations without my permission or without giving credits, please contact me. I will reward you.
Conditions updated on 14/06/21